PEDS:DM is the PEDS Developmental Milestones test.
- 6-8 items per visit focused on children’s skills in each developmental domain: fine motor, gross motor, expressive language, receptive language, self-help, social-emotional, and for older children preschool and school skills. The questions take about 5 minutes to complete and 1 minute to score.
- Designed for children at any age from birth until age 8, the measure consists of a laminated book of questions upon which parents mark answers with a dry erase marker. Marks are wiped off in preparation for re-use with the next family. To score, a single template is placed over the completed page to reveal each milestone not met.
- Replaces informal milestones checklists (known to miss 70% of children with problems) with proven, validated, and accurate items.
- Includes a developmental promotion component by encouraging parents, once they’ve completed the questions, to read a short story to their children about age-appropriate parent-child interactions. Online applications are coming soon. See www.pedstest.com for updates.
- The PEDS:DM Recording Form is used to record answers and can be reused with each child to produce a graph of progress over time.
- The PEDS:DM manual contains information on parenting, billing and coding, and directions for using the PEDS:DM alone, in combination with PEDS, or with screens of parent-child interactions, psychosocial risk, resilience, ADHD, and autism spectrum disorders, along with parent information handouts, case examples, and training guides.
- For NICU follow-up and early childhood settings, the assessment level version of the PEDS:DM presents more items at once and produces age-equivalent scores.
Which PEDS:DM Kits Should I Order?
First Timers: Order #800-PEDS:DM for Pediatric and Public Health Encounters starter kit (see order form for Spanish or Vietnamese versions of PEDS Forms). The start kit includes:
- PEDS:DM Family Book (in English or Spanish) consisting of reusable laminated forms;
- 100 longitudinal PEDS:DM Recording Forms; and
- a Binder Case housing the scoring template and storage for the Family Book,
- a manual,
- a dry erase marker,
- and a clip to secure the correct page,
- and the PEDS:DM Professional Manual.
Small Clinic: Order #800-PEDS:DM for Pediatric and Public Health Encounters starter kits plus enough #810-Family Books (or #815 Family Book in Spanish) for each well-visit scheduled at the same time.
Re-orders: Reorder #820-PEDS:DM Recording Forms.
The PEDS:DM Assessment Level for Early Childhood and NICU
The assessment level version of the PEDS:DM presents more items at once and produces age-equivalent scores. (e.g, NICU follow-up, Early Intervention services, etc.)
The 805-PEDS:DM for Early Childhood and NICU follow-up (starter kit) adds PEDS:DM Assessment Level to the PEDS:DM starter kit. The PEDS:DM Assessment Level is available in Spanish or English and offers more items at each encounter and produces age-equivalent scores in 7 domains:
- fine motor,
- gross motor,
- expressive language,
- receptive language,
- and, for older children, pre-academic/academic skills.
The Assessment Level includes:
- the laminated PEDS:DM Family Book (with illustrations needed for the Assessment Level administration);
- 50 PEDS:DM Assessment Level Booklet (reusable over time with the same child); and
- the Longitudinal Growth Chart (printed on the back of the Assessment Level booklet) for sharing results with families.
This version of the PEDS:DM can be mailed out, completed in waiting exam rooms, or administered directly to children by teachers, clinicians, etc. For children less than 3 years of age, the PEDS:DM Assessment Level can also be administered via telephone interview.
Which PEDS:DM Kits Should I Order?
First Timers: Order the #805-PEDS:DM for Early Childhood and NICU follow-up starter kit.